Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Our client in Newton, MA is looking for a talented Accounting Manager to join their team on a contract basis through April to assist with year-end close and audit and financial report preparation. Mon-Friday 8:30am - 5pm.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for IFRS (International financial reporting standards) reporting, month end closing process, review of general ledger, preparation of consolidation and corporate accounting transactions.
- Review and approve monthly and quarterly journal entries, prepare and process complex journal entries (e.g. audit adjustments, state tax provision, liabilities related to financial borrowing, corporate merger and spin off, reserve/accrual adjustment, reclass entry [e.g. GRIR reclass], account maintenance entry for HFM reporting, etc.)
- Reconcile and analyze other operating income/expense accounts, non-operating income/expense accounts, and interest income/expense accounts
- Co-ordinate and post final closing entries such as federal and deferred tax provision, earning transfer, last minute management adjustments, etc.
- Prepares and tie out monthly and quarterly financial reporting
- Prepare monthly and quarterly data in accordance with IFRS accounting guidance
- Review and tie out monthly and quarterly reporting package and additional required disclosure
- Develop and maintain smart view reports (excel add on), such as cash flow worksheet, balance sheet fluctuation analysis for the auditors, detail report for balance sheet and profit and loss statement by business unit and by movement type, etc.
- Manages and ensures compliance with IFRS reporting requirements, including consolidation and preparation of annual audited stand alone financial statement
- Obtain current year disclosure check list and coordinate/prepare all footnote disclosures for the annual report
- Obtain current year IFRS guidance and prepare annual financial statement and disclosure in accordance with the IFRS standards
- Prepare all supporting schedules for annual report in excel and link them to the word file
- Coordinate and modify the financial statement based on auditors’ input
- Prepares and/or maintains supporting documentation for annual audit and bank reporting
- Prepare and maintain electronic folders for annual audited stand alone financial statement and all supporting schedules
- Takes an active lead in the relationship with external auditors and tax preparers, including analysis and schedule preparation
- Assist and provide data to federal and state tax auditors for IRS and state audits
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting, finance or related field
- CPA preferred; Big 4 accounting experience preferred
- 6+ years accounting/reporting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS accounting/reporting requirements
- Strong technical consolidation and month end closing experience required
- Experience with SAP (or other ERP system)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities and consistently achieve deadlines
- Detail-oriented and accurate