The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a global leader in the precision measurement industry by securing a Logistics Specialist to join their team.
Summary of Logistics Specialist:
- Responsible for the transportation support service process for all domestic shipments.
- Superior customer service to include follow-up on all shipments with tracking status and PODs.
- Order fulfillment process: produce weekly shipment report, setup files, post jobs on TMS tool, book freight with carriers, prepare bill of lading, label freight, transact in SAP, confirm delivery.
- Reverse Logistics – schedule the return of skids/bracing from the customer to offsite storage location.
- Interface with customers for routed transactions to confirm equipment required and dock capabilities.
- Operating knowledge of laws, rules, regulations and / corporate CPOs that impact the successful fulfillment of customer orders including but not limited to: on time delivery, complete shipment orders with accessories and making sure the customer’s deadlines and expectations are met.
- Monitoring the transaction to ensure (quality control) that the customer requirements are met; identification of service failures; coordination and implementation of corrective actions per company standards with manager and Logistics Team.
- Maintains a professional/ supportive attitude at all times with both internal and external customers also maintains proper confidentiality and security of restricted / regulated files