We are currently looking for an entry-level Welder to join our manufacturing team on 2nd shift!. The will set up and operate a welding unit to produce bars from heavy scrap, electrodes for melting, and other inert gas welding operations.
Hours: 2:30p - 11:00p with overtime available!
Pay: $20-22/hour + 10% differential
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Prepare scrap bars from heavy scrap ingot, plate, rod crops, etc.
- Produce electrodes for melting from powder bars, scrap bars and forged bars.
- Perform routing daily maintenance to keep associated equipment operable.
- Maintain accurate paper and electronic processing records.
- Segregate and handle scrap in accordance with prescribed techniques and procedures to avoid cross contamination of materials.
- Assist in operating other machinery as required and operate lathes or other equipment as needed.
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintains high quality standards.
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
- Enter material movements in SAP.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Requires a high school or vocational degree or equivalent.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, especially in welding, preferred
- Must possess excellent mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have the ability to keep neat and accurate records.
- Requires lockout/tag out certification and fork lift license.