Stockroom 1st Shift
Stockroom 1st Shift
We Are Immediately Seeking Multiple Inventory Control Associates In The Gainesville, GA Area!!
Starting Pay Rate: $14.00/hr
Shift Schedule: 7:00am-3:30pm (Monday-Friday)
These roles are TEMP-TO-PERM opportunities!!
Our Client is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. They are looking for a Stockroom Attendant whose responsibilities may include a variety of warehouse duties, including receiving, order pulling, and shipping to meet scheduled requirements. This position requires communication with other departments within the company, (primarily Purchasing, Spare Parts, Assembly/Manufacturing and Quality), as well as with vendors and delivery drivers.
- Complete work assignments in a timely manner as agreed upon
- Handle duties of primary job function, to include:
- Supplier Goods Receiving – Unload trucks and receive incoming materials and parts from suppliers and subcontract vendors through a barcode system.
- Count items received and check against packing lists, recording any discrepancies.
- Prepare receiving reports and note any shortages or damages. Expedite parts as needed.
- Deliver packages and supplies to internal departments.
- Production Goods Receiving – Receive incoming parts from manufacturing using an RF scanner.
- Count items and take necessary steps to handle shortages.
- Ensure proper labeling of all parts.
- Stock items to shelves, racks, or vertical lift. Expedite parts as needed.
- Order Picker – Pull stored material and parts for shop order issues and assembly work orders based on a dispatch list.
- Count items and properly identify and protect parts.
- Transport parts to the appropriate production area location. Pull and deliver back orders to shop floor.
- Spare Parts – Pick parts for spare parts orders using an RF scanner.
- Assemble and pack parts and sub assemblies in a method that prevents damage.
- Weigh and ship outgoing packages to customers, expediting as needed. Must be able to use UPS Worldship, Fed Ex, and DHL software.
- Order supplies and packaging materials.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to Supervisor
- Provide training and instruction to inexperienced personnel
- Operate any equipment needed to perform the job
- Document problems and suggest improvements, acting to improve timeliness or reduce costs
- Identify and separate defective parts and handle stock adjustments to inventory as appropriate
- Complete Product Improvement Process forms to document problems
- Assist with the cycle count process, as needed
- Read and interpret Design drawings and perform quality inspection, when required
- Cross training in other Stockroom & Shipping positions as needed, based on workload
- Participate in Department training and meetings as appropriate
- Know and follow the company procedure manual and safety rules
- Any other activities deemed necessary by the department manager
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous warehouse and forklift experience
- Basic knowledge of SAP or other business system, preferably to include RF scanners
- The ability to work with co-workers, customers, and vendors in a courteous and tactful manner to resolve problems
- The ability to concentrate, handle pressure, meet deadlines, and pay attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required
- A motivated, self-starter with the ability to follow directions and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Maintain professional appearance/demeanor and a positive attitude under stress
If you are interested in applying for this job directly please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions or need more detail on this role? You may reach us at: (470) 655-4809