The DAVIS Companies is supporting a leader in the medical device industry by securing a Quality Inspector to join their team. This is a first shift opportunity with a very innovative company.
Responsibilities of Quality Inspector:
- QA/QC product support including; but not limited to; Receiving Inspection and verification, Final Product Inspection and Batch Release certifications, Internal Audits, equipment support, and Quality Documentation and Records activities.
- Support the management team, production associates, and external vendors to ensure established product requirements are met.
- Provide incoming component and material inspections and final product inspections in a timely manner to ensure production and R&D schedules are met.
- Support the established controlled equipment processes to ensure uninterrupted production availability and usage.
- Support the Supplier approval/maintenance and supplied material control processes to ensure high quality services and material conformance.
- Support the established QMS/QA processes and as needed working with internal resources to recommend change to maintain high quality processes.
- Being a liaison between Customer, Supplier QC, and BAC departments.
- Support the QMS by participating in scheduled audits.
Requirements of Quality Inspector:
- College or Technical College education preferred
- Minimum 3-yrs experience in the medical device manufacturing environment preferred
- Competent experience with MS-Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Competency with hand held dimensional inspection equipment and Automated Test Equipment
- Experience in performing open dimensional inspection setups a plus
- Competency performing Final Inspection of Catheter based Medical devices
- Experience in performing verification/validation product testing a plus
- Must be able to follow written instructions and procedures
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must show initiative taking on and completing projects including other assignments as requested
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills