Quality Assurance Specialist
Our client located in Swedesboro, NJ is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to join their growing team on a contract-to-hire basis.
This position pays $18/hour.
- Ensure products meet company, customer, and regulatory requirements for quality and food safety
- Review all documentation pertaining to the SQF system as the SQF Practitioner
- Review all HACCP and regulatory documentation for required record review and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Communicate and respond to USDA/ FDA non-compliances (non-conformance reports)
- Oversees the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF System.
- Takes appropriate action to maintain the integrity of the SQF System
- Communicates to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System.
- Tracks and orders QA supplies used in daily monitoring activities
- Assists QA supervisor and QA leads with launching of new items at production floor level
- Assist in development and delivery of plant quality training programs.
- Work with quality technicians and production employees to ensure plant compliance of quality policies and procedures. Bring policies and procedures into realization
- Manage ATP/ Listeria sampling schedules
- Perform monthly sanitation & quality self-assessment inspections as indicated by the inspection schedule
- Work with plant floor employees to resolve any quality non-compliance issues in a timely manner
- Knowledge of HACCP principles and application
- Working knowledge of GMP’s
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Word, Excel and Access experience required
- Spanish preferred, but not required
- 5+ years experience in Quality management in a food or related production environment
- Solid managerial and leadership skills
- Computer literacy
- HACCP certification (preferably seafood HACCP certification)
- SQF (or other GFSI certification)
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish (preferred)
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs., walking and working in cold environment
- Must be capable of working flexible shifts, days, and hours
- Files, gathers data, generates reports and performs other administrative duties