Position: Painter Helper
A client of ours near Broomall, PA is looking for a Paint Prep Technician to focus on assisting in producing quality finishes in a high speed environment.
Duties and responsibilities of the Painter Helper:
- Sand and prepare surfaces for paint application using a palm sander and cleaning agents
- Utilize an automated paint mixing system to color match Mica/Metallic paints
- Perform daily preventative maintenance of equipment
- Hang material on racks as well as load and unload spray booth
- Wear PPE especially a respirator during shift
- Mask and protect parts with heat resistant tape as needed
- Mix, apply, and sand high heat epoxy filers
- Utilize a mil thickness testing gauge to determine if appropriate amount of liquid was applied.
- Utilize a UV thermometer to appropriate cure paint in relation to product data sheets
- Track and coordinate inventory levels of supplies
- Following suggested pot life and curing times in relation to surrounding temperature, Humidity, and film thickness
2nd shift: 3:00 pm - 12:30 am