Our client located in Woburn, Ma is looking for a QC/Mechanical Inspector to join them on 1st shift.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Quality Control Precision Mechanical Inspector is responsible for inspecting products at incoming inspection to ensure all products are in compliance per quality procedure. Work with Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Technicians and other Inspectors to ensure quality conformance on all parts. Use various measuring devices to ensure compliance. Accepts, rejects, or reworks Non-Conformance parts.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge of GD&T. Not looking for an expert
- Follow established Quality control Standard Operation Procedures to perform QC Inspections.
- Perform daily receiving inspections of manufactured components, including but not limited to
- metal or composite parts made by precision machining, casting, forging, or other common
- manufacturing methods.
- Comfortable operating common measurement equipment, e.g. Vernier Caliper, Micrometer,
- Go/No Go gauges (like Pin Gauges, Thread Gauges), etc.
- Prepares and maintains records and documentation of inspection acceptance, rejection and/or
- re-work requirements to follow through on next step actions.
- Test, inspect, sort or re-work products at various stages of production process primarily the final
- Inspection. Compile and evaluate statistical data to determine quality and
- reliability of products.
- Report any problems or deviations to engineers.
- work or supervise with rework team as assigned by supervisor
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical
- constraints of the job.
- 2 to 3 yrs QC experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to read specifications, procedures and engineering drawings and work with minimum
- Experience using basic measurement equipment (Caliper, micrometer, pin gauge,
- thread gauge, etc)
- Fundamental understanding of engineering drawings, manufacturing processes and
- corresponding concepts of GD&T
- Strong communications skills; written and oral
- Experience with computers, applications ( email, ERP systems, and Microsoft Excel, Microsoft
- Bachelor’s degree of Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Prior experience/knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Self-motivated in problem solving, project implementation and continuous improvement objectives.
- Must be action-oriented, able to prioritize, plan and manage a large number of projects concurrently.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills. Attention to details is a must.
- Result oriented, with capability to work under pressure, properly prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- 3 years working experience required.
- This role is restricted to U.S. Person (i.e. U.S. citizens, permanent residents) due to access to export-controlled technology.
Job Type: Full-time