We are immediately seeking an experienced Material Handler in the Lawrenceville, GA area!!
Position Summary: The Material Handler I ensures accurate and safe movement and storage of parts in to and out of the Warehouse via various methods of transactions.
This is a temp to hire position!!
Shift Schedule: 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Monday - Friday)
Starting Pay Rate: $15.00/hr
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Checks physical condition of materials to be delivered or stocked.
- Operates a computer to look up information pertaining to the material, such as location and quantity.
- Operates various lifting and moving equipment to handle material.
- Verifies inventory levels and locations and notes any changes which need to be updated.
- Prioritizes work based on verbal and written communication.
- Maintains an acceptable level of production.
- Assists other members of the warehouse team when needed.
- Completes various other duties to assist department/facility needs.
- Practices good safety and housekeeping procedures and reports any safety concerns.
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
- Good communication skills and ability to understand verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, and work over equipment for long periods of time.
- Must be a team player and have ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with assistance.
- Skill to properly use hand trucks and forklift.
- Skill to accurately count material by hand or use scales to count small parts.
- Basic math skills such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Able to read and transpose part numbers as well as verify color codes.
- Must be computer literate, such as be able to use the HRIS system and complete on-line training requirements.
If you or someone you know may be interested in this role and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume in to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.