Description: Lathe Set Up Machinist - Mazak focus
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE TEAM:
- Provides in-process inspection checks and documentation.
- Works closely with the shop Inspector and manufactures parts that meet or exceed our workmanship standards. Standards include a high level of cosmetic emphasis on all piece parts manufactured within the machine shop.
- Provides labor transactions on the business operating system.
- May be required to have personal tools calibrated based on inspection/calibration policies.
- Safety shoes and safety glasses with side shields are required.
- Reports to the Machine Shop Supervisor
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Sets up and operates various pieces of machine shop equipment with detailed instruction and direction.
- Machines components to high-quality standards and tolerance requirements of +/- .002 to +/- .005 inches.
- Possesses a basic understanding of ANSI Y14.5.
- Understands and optimizes proper feeds and speeds.
- Possesses a personal set of machinist/inspection tools that will be compatible for close tolerance measuring of various lengths and diameters.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area and complies with the company’s safety requirements.
- Meets time estimates as assigned to each job.
- May handle hazardous wastes at satellite storage areas.
- Participates in Hazard Communication and Hazardous Waste Management training as required to comply with state and federal regulations within six months of hire and annually thereafter.