Machine Operators serve our internal and external customers by ensuring that production machines are set up and operated according to established company standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Operate all assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for startup, operation, change over, shut down, and preventative maintenance of designed production equipment.
- Position assignment may include, but not limited to, operating production line equipment, forklifts, or other power equipment.
- Change over production equipment from one can size to another.
- Perform manual tasks as assigned.
- Assignment may include, but not limited to, loading cap hoppers, supplying other production line items, reworking product as necessary, loading conveyors with bottles, crates, and/or coolers.
- Adheres to all company policies, standards, and procedures (e.g. OSHA and safety requirements, company standards); wears all required personal protective equipment.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor verbally regarding the status of work activities (e.g. any issues with equipment, product quality and production process) and other information; communicates with supervisor regarding questions or issues with daily assignments.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area (e.g. cleans up any product and/or container spills; disposes of trash and recycling materials into proper containers).
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance, and works overtime as needed to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.