Electro Mechanical Technician II
Interested in working for a company who received “Best Places to Work” and the prestigious “Innovation Award”? Then apply below because our client, Columbia Tech, is hiring several Technicians to build complex, high tech electro-mechanical assemblies.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Electro Mechanical Technician
- Work from written instructions that provide detailed methods and sequence of assembly operations using a bill of materials, wiring diagrams and assembly drawings.
- Work independently and with groups ranging from 2-8 people.
- Integrate sub-assemblies, electrical panels, chassis, power supplies and connecting cables.
- Assemble and fabricate assemblies using company-supplied hand and power tools.
- Assemble electrical panels and electrical boxes and troubleshooting if required.
- Interface with Engineering and Quality Assurance regarding assembly requirements, workmanship standards and customer product specifications.
- Strong ability to assemble, disassemble and repair
- Work with customers to learn new product builds and transfer knowledge to other assemblers.
- Conduct final assembly, functionality testing, hi pot testing and final calibration.
- Prepare point-to-point wiring according to wire run-list and diagram in large electrical panels.
- Assemble products per assembly process specifications.
- Performed processes utilizing tools such as calipers and micrometers.
- Inspect and calibrate final products as needed
Qualifications of the Electro Mechanical Technician:
- Strong attention to detail, focus, and highest standards for quality.
- Experience working effectively with customers.
- PC hardware, software installation and configuration experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to analyze problems and offer solutions..
- Experience with complex panels, multiple components and large wire run lists.
- Understanding of “big picture” workings of surrounding areas.
- Exemplifies leadership but does not necessarily manage.
- Has worked on large scale capital equipment a plus.