Sr Product Development Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Sr Product Development Engineer
Title:Sr Product Development Engineer
The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a global leader in the medical device industry by securing a Sr Product Development Engineer to join their team.
This individual will design and develop medical devices from concept through market introduction. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who is excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
Responsibilities of Sr Product Development Engineer:
• Design and develop medical instruments (disposable and reusable), catheters, implants, and/or packaging, from concept through market introduction. Ensure that designs meet performance specifications, regulatory and manufacturing requirements.
• Manage product development projects. Prepare project plans that specify project phases, tasks, task interdependencies, durations, resource assignments, and costs. Proactively communicate task assignments to responsible individuals, and ensure that tasks are completed within the planned time. Track projects to project plans. Proactively report project status to personnel and to the project’s client company.
• Utilize SolidWorks to develop detailed 3-D CAD models and drawings of medical instruments (disposable and reusable), catheters, implants, and/or packaging. Includes component, subassembly, and top-level drawings.
• Generate innovative concepts for new medical device designs to satisfy clinical requirements. Lead and participate in concept generation activities, including brainstorming sessions. Refine, rate, rank and/or otherwise assess concepts.
• Interact with client companies in a professional manner. Proactively communicate with client companies to ensure an ongoing two-way exchange of information.
• Generate project timing and expense estimates and prepare project proposals for client companies.
• Maintain Design History Files (DHFs) per company procedure. Ensure that DHFs are accurate, complete and well organized.
• Conduct risk analysis for products under development. Conduct and document Failure Mode and Effects Analysis per company procedure.
• Perform tolerance analysis of components and assemblies to ensure proper fit and function.
• Conduct product verification and validation testing to demonstrate product safety and efficacy. Determine what testing is required to satisfy product requirements, to investigate potential failure modes, and to otherwise address the project design inputs. Develop protocols, plan testing, and perform or monitor testing. Utilize statistical methods as required to plan testing and to analyze test results. Write test reports which draw conclusions from the results.
• Produce prototype devices for testing, and for evaluation by client companies. Work with internal and/or external resources to produce prototype device components. Assemble and/or evaluate prototype devices.
• Conduct Design Reviews as specified in project plans, and in accordance with company procedure.
• Prepare documentation release packages, including detail drawings, bills of material, and/or procedures. Approve Document Change Orders (DCOs) and obtain approvals from others as required.
• Participate in Material Review Board activities. Make decisions regarding product and material discrepancies and initiate appropriate action to prevent subsequent problems or discrepancies.
• Date, sign and have witnessed all documents that may establish inventorship dates.
• 10-20% travel
Required Experience of Sr Product Development Engineer:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering is required. Master’s degree in engineering, management or business is desired.
• Minimum of 5 years of medical device product design and development experience is required.
• Demonstrated ability to bring products from concept to market.
• SolidWorks 3D CAD proficiency.
• Familiarity with FDA QSR and ISO 13485 medical device regulations.
• Knowledge of probability and statistics.
• Depth of knowledge in one or more clinical areas; interventional cardiology is desired.
• Depth of knowledge in one or more product areas; catheters is desired.
• Depth of knowledge in one or more technical areas, for example finite element analysis.
• Flexibility, persistence, resourcefulness, a drive to succeed, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Sr Project Manager in Maple Grove MN
- NDT Inspector II in Central Manchester CT
- 5 Operating Molding in Hopkinton MA
- Engineering Techs in Merrimack NH
- Belt Fabricator in Suwanee GA
- CNC Operator in Cumming GA
- Equipment Operator (Reach Lift) in Jefferson GA
- Quality Assurance Engineer in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant: in Los Alamitos CA
- Robotic Weld Operator in Duluth GA
- Warehouse Associate in burlington MA
- Quality Assurance Manager in Beverly MA
- Mechanical Inspector in Peabody MA
- Methods programmer in Milford NH
- Methods Documentation Specialist in Milford NH
- Accounts Payable Supervisor in Milford MA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Terminal Clerk in Oxford MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Manufacturing Engineer in Portsmouth NH
- Project Manager in Fairburn GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Test Technician in Tucker GA
- Pin Cell Operator in Central Manchester CT
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Procurement Specialist in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Financial Reporting Analyst in Marlborough MA
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Staff Accountant in
- Principle Software Engineer in Lowell MA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Solidworks Drafter in Bowling Green FL
- 2nd Shift QA Tech in Doraville GA
- Manufacturing Engineering Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Device Tech in Beverly MA
- AutoCad Technician in Bartlett TN
- Accounting Manager in Newton MA
- CNC Machine Operator in Norcross GA
- Field Service Technician in Franklin MA
- Inventory Clerk in Acton MA
- Production Coordinator in Norwood MA
- Program Manager MA in
- MANUAL MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Project Engineer in Douglasville GA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd Shift in Worcester MA
- Maintenance Manager - 1st Shift in Metro West MA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Production Supervisor - 3rd shift in Worcester MA
- Electrical Manufacturing Technician in Brooklyn Park MN
- Field Service Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Gear Machinist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Recruiting Coordinator in Waltham MA
- Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Distribution Associate in Memphis TN
- Final Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Shipping-Recieving Clerk in Alpharetta GA
- Dispatcher in Marlton NJ
- CNC - Lathe or Mill in Boylston MA
- Mechanical Engineer in Newnan GA
- Press Brake Operator in Acton MA
- Project Engineer in MA
- CNC Programmer (Mastercam): in Collierville TN
- Shipping & Receiving in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Operations Supervisor in Ashland MA
- 1st ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Control Box Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- Accounting Clerk in Westborough MA
- HR Admin in Auburn MA
- CNC Machinist in Central Manchester CT
- Machine Operators- 3rd shift in Lebanon NH
- Accounts Receivable in Westford MA
- Electromechanical Assembler in Waltham MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Waltham MA
- CAD Designer in MA
- Engineering Technician in Memphis TN
- Solder Assembler II in Westboro
- Warehouse Associate in Milford MA
- Embedded Engineer in Ashland MA
- Warehouse Shipping-Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- IT Help Desk Technician in Marlborough MA
- Fabrication - Lacing in Suwanee GA
- Maintenance Multi-Craft Day Shift in Gainesville GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Electrical Engineer in Littleton MA
- Project Engineer in Sterling MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Sterling MA
- Field Service Engineer in Marlboro MA
- Outside Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Mechanical Drafter in Brooklyn Park MN
- Solidworks Drafter in McBee SC
- IT Recruiter MA in Woburn MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pendergrass GA
- Customer Care Representative in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA