Sr Product Development Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Sr Product Development Engineer
Title:Sr Product Development Engineer
The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a global leader in the medical device industry by securing a Sr Product Development Engineer to join their team.
This individual will design and develop medical devices from concept through market introduction. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who is excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
Responsibilities of Sr Product Development Engineer:
• Design and develop medical instruments (disposable and reusable), catheters, implants, and/or packaging, from concept through market introduction. Ensure that designs meet performance specifications, regulatory and manufacturing requirements.
• Manage product development projects. Prepare project plans that specify project phases, tasks, task interdependencies, durations, resource assignments, and costs. Proactively communicate task assignments to responsible individuals, and ensure that tasks are completed within the planned time. Track projects to project plans. Proactively report project status to personnel and to the project’s client company.
• Utilize SolidWorks to develop detailed 3-D CAD models and drawings of medical instruments (disposable and reusable), catheters, implants, and/or packaging. Includes component, subassembly, and top-level drawings.
• Generate innovative concepts for new medical device designs to satisfy clinical requirements. Lead and participate in concept generation activities, including brainstorming sessions. Refine, rate, rank and/or otherwise assess concepts.
• Interact with client companies in a professional manner. Proactively communicate with client companies to ensure an ongoing two-way exchange of information.
• Generate project timing and expense estimates and prepare project proposals for client companies.
• Maintain Design History Files (DHFs) per company procedure. Ensure that DHFs are accurate, complete and well organized.
• Conduct risk analysis for products under development. Conduct and document Failure Mode and Effects Analysis per company procedure.
• Perform tolerance analysis of components and assemblies to ensure proper fit and function.
• Conduct product verification and validation testing to demonstrate product safety and efficacy. Determine what testing is required to satisfy product requirements, to investigate potential failure modes, and to otherwise address the project design inputs. Develop protocols, plan testing, and perform or monitor testing. Utilize statistical methods as required to plan testing and to analyze test results. Write test reports which draw conclusions from the results.
• Produce prototype devices for testing, and for evaluation by client companies. Work with internal and/or external resources to produce prototype device components. Assemble and/or evaluate prototype devices.
• Conduct Design Reviews as specified in project plans, and in accordance with company procedure.
• Prepare documentation release packages, including detail drawings, bills of material, and/or procedures. Approve Document Change Orders (DCOs) and obtain approvals from others as required.
• Participate in Material Review Board activities. Make decisions regarding product and material discrepancies and initiate appropriate action to prevent subsequent problems or discrepancies.
• Date, sign and have witnessed all documents that may establish inventorship dates.
• 10-20% travel
Required Experience of Sr Product Development Engineer:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering is required. Master’s degree in engineering, management or business is desired.
• Minimum of 5 years of medical device product design and development experience is required.
• Demonstrated ability to bring products from concept to market.
• SolidWorks 3D CAD proficiency.
• Familiarity with FDA QSR and ISO 13485 medical device regulations.
• Knowledge of probability and statistics.
• Depth of knowledge in one or more clinical areas; interventional cardiology is desired.
• Depth of knowledge in one or more product areas; catheters is desired.
• Depth of knowledge in one or more technical areas, for example finite element analysis.
• Flexibility, persistence, resourcefulness, a drive to succeed, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Maintenance Tech in Lawrenceville GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Welder in Allston MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Bedford MA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Quality Engineer in Duluth GA
- Assembly Technician in Worcester MA
- Structural Engineer in Ball Ground GA
- Assembler in Milford MA
- Sr. Buyer - Planner in Chelmsford MA
- Supply Chain Manager in Chelmsford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in Tucker GA
- Senior Document Control Specialist in Cambridge MA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Lead Mechanical Engineer in Fort Worth TX
- Sr Test Engineer in Bedford MA
- Controller in Merrimack NH
- Sr. Design Engineer in Chaska MN
- Operator- Assembly Tech in Central Manchester CT
- Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Lead in Olive Branch MS
- Mechanical Assembler - 1st Shift in Ashland MA
- Buyer in Hudson MA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering in Burnsville MN
- Manufacturing Engineer-Contract in Charlton MA
- Quality Inspector - Technician in Fridley MN
- Technical Recruiter-Program Manager - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Quality Management Systems Coordinator in Hudson NH
- Software Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Chief Mechanical Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Engineering Tech in Merrimack NH
- Warehouse - Forklift Driver in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Westborough MA
- Machine Learning Co-op in Milford MA
- Electronics Process Development Engineer in Framingham MA
- HR Generalist in Ashland MA
- Manufacturing Engineer-Product Development in Charlton MA
- Maintenance Technician in Pendergrass GA
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Burlington MA
- Director of Hardware Engineering in Burlington MA
- Welder in Gainesville GA
- Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Assembly Technician in Gainesville GA
- Warehouse - Picker 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Assembler (1st & 2nd shift) in Ashland MA
- Account Manager in Memphis TN
- Superintendent (NH) in Bow NH
- Lab Technician in Watertown MA
- Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- Administrative Assistant in Ayer MA
- Senior Software Engineer in North Billerica MA
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Norwood MA
- Account Payable Specialist in Auburn MA
- BIM Designer in Norcross GA
- Piping Designer in Avondale Estates GA
- CNC Machinist in Vineland NJ
- Material Handler in Vineland NJ
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Sr. Product Development Engineer in Newnan GA
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- RF Test Technician in Vineland NJ
- Electronic Rework Operator in Vineland NJ
- Electromechanical Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Credit Analyst in Norwell MA
- Robotics Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Electrical Engineer in White Bear Lake MN
- Quality Engineer in Framingham MA
- Technical Service Administrator in Milford MA
- Talent Acquisition Program Manager in Milford MA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Marketing Coordinator in Boxboro MA
- Sr. Production Technician in Merrimack NH
- Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Sourcing Manager in Cambridge MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pawtucket RI
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Software Engineering Manager in Danvers MA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- RMA Tech in Nashua NH
- Final Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Senior Accountant in Cambridge MA
- Electro-Mechanical Tech in Beverly MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Industrial Designer in Round Rock TX
- Account Manager in Marlborough MA
- Inventory Control in Alpharetta GA
- Machine Operator in Alpharetta GA
- SMT Operator in Burnsville MN
- Technical Laboratory Supervisor in Memphis TN
- QA-QC Specialist in Memphis TN