The Safety Engineer shall ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws. They will also be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace. Must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. Must be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to OSHA guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Create work environment to enhance behavioral based safety in the workforce.
- Re-engineer equipment and processes to reduce risk.
- Proven experience as safety engineer. 6-8 years minimum experience.
- Deep understanding of EPA, OSHA health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Valid CSP qualification in occupational health and safety
- Proven experience performing ergonomic studies, and resolving ergonomic issues.