Molding Process Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Molding Process Engineer
Title:Molding Process Engineer
We are looking for a Molding Process Engineer to join our client in Upland, Ca on a contract or contract to hire basis.
The purpose of this position is to design and develop manufacturing systems with emphasis on new molds and molding processes. This position oversees the development, setup, monitoring, adjustment, and efficient operations of machines and auxiliary equipment pertaining to our injection molding and assembly operations. This position is also responsible for the training of technical staff and Cell Leaders in the proper use and maintenance of new equipment and to seek ways to increase efficiencies and reduce down times and scrap rates.
- Design and develop new molds, molding processes, techniques, process improvements and cost reductions.
- Perform data analysis and/or write progress reports on existing manufacturing processes to ensure performance is within expectations.
- Perform analysis on customer returns to determine root cause of failures or complaints.
- Procure new equipment and necessary training as required.
- Repair or arrange for repair of equipment or facilities in the manufacturing area as required.
- Lead activities of Process Technicians and in support of assigned projects.
- Provide process and/or equipment training to process technicians and operators as required.
- Develop strategic supplier relationships as appropriate.
- Responsible for new process implementation and current production process improvement / optimization.
- Develops and runs IQ/OQ/PQ and documents these processes/protocols.
- Monitors all assembly operations, tracking efficiency and potential issues.
- Identifying and analyzing of flows, layout, and workplaces.
- Troubleshooting (root cause analysis) and solving equipment and process issues.
- Will be "hands-on" technical support for operations and will train all personnel associated with the maintenance, training, and other areas of the injection molding and assembly room departments.
- Works closely with Production Supervisors and Technical Team members, and will be in a position to influence others in regards to production strategy and decisions.
- Manages project budgets and timelines.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques (design of experiments, measurement R&R, and statistical process control).
- Working knowledge of machining, tools, fixturing, and assembly practices.
- Knowledge and working experience with mechanical (indicators, micrometers, etc.) and electronic metrology instrumentation (CMM, Interferometer, Confocal microscope, etc.) is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Advanced PC skills with standard MS Office software.
- Experience working on the actual molds in the tooling part of plastic injection molding, taking apart and adjusting molds on a regular basis.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering field, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in a medium/high volume manufacturing environment (injection molding, assembly, etc.)
- Assembly Technician in Worcester MA
- EM Assembler II (2nd Shift) in Westboro MA
- SMT Operator III in Westboro MA
- Material Handler (Production) 10-23-19 in Westborough MA
- Product Design Engineer in St. Pauls NC
- Test Technician Supervisor in Tucker GA
- Controls Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Taunton MA
- Material Handler in MA
- Administrative Assistant in Hopkinton MA
- 2nd shift CNC Lathe Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Memphis TN
- Test Technician in Natick MA
- Administrative Assistant in Milford MA
- Customer Service Representative in Cottage Grove MN
- RMA Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Android Software Engineer in Fort Worth TX
- Principal Systems Engineer in Eden Prairie MN
- Machinist - 2nd Shift in Newton MA
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Mobile AL
- Manufacturing Engineer I in Memphis TN
- Machine Operator in Salem NH
- Sr Engineer II in Elkton MD
- Systems Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Somersworth NH
- Lab Assistant I in Mobile AL
- Senior Accountant in Lowell MA
- Mechanical Design Project Lead in Duncan SC
- CAD Drafter in Cumming GA
- Graphic Designer in DULUTH GA
- Warehouse Associate in DULUTH GA
- Receiving-Packaging Tech in Memphis TN
- Accounts Payable Coordinator in Milford MA
- Production Tech in Marlborough MA
- Sr Technician in Manchester NH
- Welder-MIG-TIG in Alpharetta GA
- AWS Certified MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Production Control Planner in Newton MA
- Material Handler (Production) 10-17-19 in Westborough MA
- Sr Mechanical Inspector in Bedford MA
- Finisher in Memphis TN
- Medical Technician in Warner Robins GA
- Sr Accounting Manager in Concord NH
- 2nd Shift Equipment Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- Accounts Recievable Clerk in Gainesville GA
- Accounts Payable Clerk in Gainesville GA
- Accounts Payable Admin in Lowell MA
- Print Production Specialist in Louisville KY
- Assembly Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Desktop Support Technician in Merrimack NH
- Quality Inspector in Marlborough MA
- Quality-Weld Inspector in Duluth GA
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Memphis TN
- Production Mechanic in Memphis TN
- Mechanical Engineer in Waltham MA
- 3rd Shift Braid Operator in Manchester NH
- Design Engineer in Spartanburg SC
- Deburrer in Plymouth MA
- Controller in Memphis TN
- Validation Engineer in Fall River MA
- Material Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Mechanical Inspector in Boylston MA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Maintenance Manager in Hayward CA
- Machinist in Los Alamitos CA
- Grinding Machine Operator in Los Alamitos CA
- Fabricator - Weld Cleanup in Lawrenceville GA
- Industrial Engineer in Chaska MN
- Electrical Test Technician in Waltham MA
- Quality Engineer in Bloomington MN
- Order Puller 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Documentation Specialist-Tech Writer in Natick MA
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- Sr Design Electrical Engineer in Bedford MA
- Data Entry in Memphis TN
- EM Assembler in Malborough MA
- Supplier Compliance Analyst in Newnan GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Taunton MA
- Production Inspector in Nashua NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in MA
- Software Engineer in Marlborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Medical Technologist in Mobil AL
- Service Center Rep in Tampa FL
- Synthesis Operator, 1st Shift in Taunton MA
- Forklift Driver-2nd Shift in Dahlonega GA
- Systems Tech II in MA
- Depot Repair Tech in Duluth GA
- Polisher in Plymouth MA
- MDR Project Manager in Maple Grove MN
- Roller Flex Operator - 1st shift in Lebanon NH
- Roller Polisher- 3rd shift in Lebanon NH
- Grind Operator- 3rd shift in Lebanon NH
- Senior Systems Engineer in Merrimack NH
- Customer Service Admin in Duluth GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Sr. Systems Engineer in Marlborough MA
- TIG-Pipe Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Order Filler-Assembly Clerk in Indianapolis IN