A Manufacturing Engineer develops and optimizes economical industrial processes to make a variety of products on which modern society depends. Responsibilities involve designing processes to manufacture products, understanding the reactions taking place, installing control systems, starting, running and improving processes, and other responsibilities as required.
Detail of Responsibilities:
Working knowledge of the following process areas: SMT (Surface Mount Technology), THT (Thru-Hole Technology), and System integration. Providing the necessary tools and training to manufacturing operators resulting in a quality product reaching the customer.
Formal or informal training related to the following as it pertains to contract manufacturing:
- The primary responsibilities of a Manufacturing Engineer (ME) are to ensure that all Customer contractual requirements are incorporated into delivered product and to facilitate continuous improvement in all operations.
- Process analysis and improvement through utilization of statistical and quality tools.
- Participate and contribute in the New Product Introduction Process and understand specification development and verification upon transition to production
- Participate in the up-front planning of new projects to ensure quality processes are captured and implemented
- Initially stabilizing all processes to acceptable quality levels
- Providing real-time support to the manufacturing floor when process issues arise.
- Identifying opportunities for labor cost reductions with improved/alternate processes
- Participating in weekly quality meetings to review quality data and identify opportunities for process improvements
- Interfacing with customers as needed to resolve various engineering, process, design or test issues.
- Improving companies New Product Introduction process, including the addition of FMEA to the process
- Spearheading 5S initiatives on the production floor and in Engineering
- The ME will need to interface with the Program Teams, Design, Test and Integration and other functional teams to help resolve problems with design, process, purchased material and end products.
- The ME is involved with all aspects of the operation from product development through delivery and fielding activities.
- The ME will be responsible for supporting manufacturing process improvements and making significant contributions to the strategic goals of quality improvement.
- Develops and maintains quality metrics, analyzes product and process quality data, leads process quality improvement efforts employing the quality engineering toolset and a disciplined problem solving methodology.
- Develops implements and monitors new or existing inspection methods to ensure products meet stated Customer’s Quality requirements.
- Ensures compliance to all quality system requirements through a thorough knowledge of the documented requirements and Internal Audits.
- The ME will be reporting to the Engineering Manager.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Six Sigma Green Belt preferred but not required