We are currently seeking a Project Designer for our client in the Greater Atlanta area. The Project Designer is responsible for operating CAD/CAM and other Engineering software systems, including creating, updating and modifying construction drawings, machine & assembly drawings, calculations and submitting the final product to customer.
- Creates drawings for engineering projects (electronically).
- Knowledge of 2D CAD software (such as AutoCAD, etc).
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software (such as Inventor, Rivet, etc)
- Knowledge and use of BIM and related software to produce set of manufacturer’s shop drawings.
- Creates and modifies metal fabrication shop drawings.
- Knowledge of wall cladding systems design, manufacturing, production, installation etc. Understands Field Dimensions vs design dimensions, rough openings, system compositions, etc.
- Visualize project requirements and provide concept drawings to match up with project needs.
- Able to design and provide all technical assistance needed to make a prototype of the design as needed.
- Prints, plots and binds final drawings into construction documents and ships to customers.
- Knowledge of CAD, Revit and other software and manual drafting principles, practices, methods and techniques.
- Experience reading construction documents and drawings.
- Knowledge of metal roofing and cladding product installation.
- Must know how to use AutoCAD and Revit expert level.
- Minimum High School Diploma with 4 years of related experience in construction and architectural industry.