Precision Optical & Mechanical Inspector
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Precision Optical & Mechanical Inspector
Title:Precision Optical & Mechanical Inspector
Our client located in the Nashua, NH area is looking for a strong Mechanical Inspector with optical experience to join their team.
Under minimal supervision, completely and consistently performs highly complex inspections of all types of optical components, mechanical parts, sub?assemblies, or assemblies involving very close tolerances. Determines method and sequences necessary to inspect purchased materials to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications. Inspects parts where standard checking devices are not available and special inspection tools and layouts are required.
- Perform complex inspection of all types of optical components, sub?assemblies or assemblies.
- Inspect optical surface quality for scratches, digs, cleanliness and stains.
- Inspect all kinds of precision optical components for conformity to extremely close tolerances.
- Devise, develop, set up, layout and use any equipment required to perform inspections.
- Work with engineers to assist in reviews of rejects in performing defect analysis.
- Works from CAD models ( Solidworks), drawings, sketches and specifications where general but not detailed inspection information is provided.
- Prepare written records and reports and recommend inspection procedures as required. Reports on quality trends and provides full information on failures to supervisors.
- Complete production logistics by moving / transacting materials and information through the computer based production system.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requires the ability to comprehend specifications, schematics, wiring diagrams, mil-specs, and purchase order and to apply a level of knowledge necessary to test and inspect normally acquired through post high school technical education. Also desired at least 4 years of working experience in an optical inspection environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work safely on fragile, high-value optics and various optical glasses.
- Must have good eye/hand coordination and excellent visual acuity and be detail oriented.
- Must have necessary skills in geometry and trigonometry to calculate dimensions, angles and radii and thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Must be proficient in inspection techniques including use of inspection equipment such as sine bar, micro-height, comparators and leveling plates.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical and optical inspection.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of ESD precautions and requirements.
- Must have knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Utilize sampling plans and switching techniques outlined in MIL-STD-105.
- Should possess required computer skills and ability to interface with plant systems (e.g. document control system, manufacturing execution system, optical testing software, etc.).
- A drive for continuous improvement, flexible and willing to learn new things.
Desired, but not required, skills:
- Familiar with military and aerospace specifications and purchase orders and prints.
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- IPC-610 Certification
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Production Control Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Documentation Control Specialist in Maple Grove MN
- Test Technician in Natick MA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Technical Accounting Manager in Billerica MA
- Fabricator in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Sr iOS engineer in Boston MA
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Administrative Assistant in Milford MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Administrative Assistant in Suwanee GA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Sr Director Engineering in Alhambra CA
- Lean Manager-Continuous Improvement Manager in Milford NH
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Assembler Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Final Inspectors in Central Manchester CT
- Production Coordinator in Norwood MA
- Punch Press Programmer in Duluth GA
- Inventory Clerk in Acton MA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Buyer in Woburn MA
- Systems Development Co-op in Milford MA
- Design Assurance Quality Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Receiving Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- Project Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- EM Assembler III in Westboro MA
- Training Coordinator in Ashland MA
- Electromechanical Assembler in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Customer Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- SI Assembler II in Nashua NH
- Service Delivery Manager in Minneapolis MN
- Design Engineer in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Assembler - 2nd Shift in Ashland MA
- Mechanical -Manufacturing Engineer in Woburn MA
- Lead Packaging Technician in Sutton MA
- Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Account Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Regional Account Executive MA in Marlborough MA
- Senior Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Senior Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Order Picker in Brooklyn Park MN
- Senior Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Senior Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Senior Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Materials and Production Planner in Tucker GA
- Regional Account Executive MN in Minneapolis MN
- Regional Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Regional Account Executive NJ in Vineland NJ
- Regional Account Executive NH in Nashua NH
- Account Manager MN in Minneapolis MN
- Account Manager GA in Suwanee GA
- Account Manager NJ in Vineland NJ
- Account Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Instrument Assembler II in Eden Prairie MN
- Material Handler in Marlborough MA
- Program Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Program Manager Suwanee GA in Suwanee GA
- Program Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Panel Builder in Duluth GA
- Sales Administrative Assistant in Lawrenceville GA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Logistics Coordinator-Analyst in West Harrison NY
- Datron Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Machine Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Lawrenceville GA
- NC Programmer in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Sterling MA
- Electrical Assembler in Sterling MA
- Fabrication Technician in Sterling MA
- Shipping & Receiving Technician in Sterling MA
- Research Engineering Co-Op Spring 2019 in Milford MA
- Chemistry - Separations Co-op Spring 2019 in Milford MA
- Mechanical Engineering Co-op Spring 2019 in Milford MA
- CNC Machinist in West Bridgewater MA
- Electrical Wirer II in N. Billerica MA
- Chemical Engineering Co-op in Milford MA
- Software Engineering Co-op Spring 2019 in Milford MA
- Quality Manager in Norcross GA