Exciting new opportunity in Norwood, MA for an HR Assistant! This is a long term contract position with the possibility to go permanent for the right candidate. Seeking an individual with 2-4 years experience in Human Resources or related field.
The HR Assistant will be responsible for assisting with wide variety of duties including payroll, benefits, Affirmative Action, compliance reporting, as well as on-boarding new hires, recruiting support, company events, leave management, FMLA, and compensation.
- Assures data integrity in HRIS, mines data for standard and ad hoc reporting
- Administers benefits through enrollment, answering inquiries, and auditing for accuracy
- Prepares 401(k) testing data
- Gathers data and scrubs for accuracy to support Affirmative Action Plan
- Prepares timely submissions for federal contractor compliance (EEO-1, Vets)
- Tracks FMLA claims and manages compliance
- Coordinates accurate documentation of leaves
- Administer ACA compliance and reporting
- Supports recruiting activities including scheduling interviews, reference checking, and assists with on-boarding
- Assists with planning company events
- Responds to employment verifications
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelors Degree highly preferred
- 2-4 years experience working in an HR or administrative capacity
- Experience with open enrollment and benefits; medical, dental, vision, 401K, etc
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Very organized and able to prioritize work
- Commitment to confidentiality and a positive customer service attitude