- Answer incoming telephone calls and greets customers who walk in the store. Handles multiple customers and customer requests simultaneously while maintaining a friendly and professional manner.
- Research and source product for customers using a variety of tools, including point-of-sale computer system, catalogs, websites, JXI, and industry and store contacts
- Enter sales orders into point-of-sale computer system for invoicing or cash payments. Process customer returns and warranties following company guidelines.
- Follow up promptly on all customer requests for information, quotes, alternative parts and delivery dates. Proactively communicates with customers about any expected delays or issues with their order.
- Maintain the highest standards in cleanliness and appearance of the showroom through stocking shelves, housekeeping, creating displays, etc.
- Resolve customer complaints and disputes in a timely, professional manner that balances customer requests with business needs.
- Prepare and issue sales quotes following company guidelines. Follows up on quotes to secureSales Results and Responsibilities
- Prepare and issue sales quotes following company guidelines. Follows up on quotes to secure sales.
- Educate customers/prospects re: the variety of products available for sale
- Promote surplus, sale, discounted and obsolete inventory to customers in order to maintain proper inventory levels. Communicate unexpected increases or decreases in product demand and inventory to purchasing or management.
- Maintain knowledge of new and existing products and inventory by participating in training, industry catalogs and web sites, and seeking knowledge
- Knowledge of HVAC industry a plus
- Experience with online search engines, Microsoft Excel
- Customer service and sales driven