Payroll Benefits Specialist
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Payroll Benefits Specialist
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Title:Payroll Benefits Specialist
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist administers the activities relating to the company payroll, benefits and HRIS processing including developing, implementing and monitoring (e.g., performing internal audit and control procedures to ensure that all wages and taxes are accurate). The individual will be the company’s subject matter expert with all payroll, benefits and HRIS administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process payroll for hourly, salaried, and temporary employees; including reviewing and importing hours from time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information, administering regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, and support orders, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
- Evaluate and implement payroll/HRIS systems upgrades and changes.
- Prepare quarterly tax credit reports and submit to third party vendor.
- Respond to all unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Maintain employee records in payroll/HRIS systems.
- Produces scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and human resources requirements.
- Administer all employee benefit programs including enrollments and terminations.
- Fulfills all governmental regulatory mandates and ensures filings are performed as required.
- Plans and administers annual open enrollment period. This includes preparation (or revision) and distribution of materials, conducting meetings to communicate changes to employees, arranging for on-site representation by providers, and processing changes within deadlines.
- Plans, conducts and reports results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee and works closely with Accounting for quarterly and year end audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 401k, etc.).
EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
- Addresses benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions. Maintains contact with employees and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Processes monthly billings from providers. Reviews billings for accuracy and approves for payment in a timely manner. Resolves discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- Coordinate with third party administrator to manage disability claims according to the plan.
- Administers online COBRA enrollments/changes and responds to and manages unemployment claims and workers compensation cases.
- Maintains complete electronic employee personnel files, records and other documentation for employees, including processing new employees, forms for employment status changes and maintaining timely and accurate files. Coordinates pre-employment paperwork and processes.
- Prepares statistical summaries and reports from the HRIS involving payroll information, performance management, demographic data and other employee data, requiring knowledge of the various Human Resources disciplines. Assists to maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input.
- Generates files/reports such as the EEO1/Vets 100, annual non-discrimination testing for benefits plans, annual reports, as well as other special and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Recommends business process improvements having an HRIS component.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 5+ years of experience administering payroll, HRIS and benefits processes required. Work experience should include knowledge of basic human resources, payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance and HRIS and self-service systems. Experience with Ceridian a plus.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Strong understanding of Human Resources processes and terminology, payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrollment rules and benefit procedures
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data.
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess strong organization skills and ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread.
- Possess a creative outlook with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
- Has shown ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for data, ability to provide excellent customer service a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant years of experience; CEBS, CPP and/or PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred.
Call Ramey for more information @ 901-209-0805
- Electrical Assembly Technician in Norcross GA
- Assembly Technician in Worcester MA
- EM Assembler II (2nd Shift) in Westboro MA
- SMT Operator III in Westboro MA
- Material Handler (Production) 10-23-19 in Westborough MA
- Product Design Engineer in St. Pauls NC
- Test Technician Supervisor in Tucker GA
- Refurbish Technician in Norcross GA
- Controls Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Taunton MA
- Material Handler in MA
- Administrative Assistant in Hopkinton MA
- 2nd shift CNC Lathe Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Memphis TN
- Test Technician in Natick MA
- Administrative Assistant in Milford MA
- Customer Service Representative in Cottage Grove MN
- RMA Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Android Software Engineer in Fort Worth TX
- Principal Systems Engineer in Eden Prairie MN
- Machinist - 2nd Shift in Newton MA
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Mobile AL
- Manufacturing Engineer I in Memphis TN
- Machine Operator in Salem NH
- Sr Engineer II in Elkton MD
- Systems Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Somersworth NH
- Lab Assistant I in Mobile AL
- Senior Accountant in Lowell MA
- Mechanical Design Project Lead in Duncan SC
- CAD Drafter in Cumming GA
- Graphic Designer in DULUTH GA
- Warehouse Associate in DULUTH GA
- Receiving-Packaging Tech in Memphis TN
- Accounts Payable Coordinator in Milford MA
- Production Tech in Marlborough MA
- Sr Technician in Manchester NH
- Welder-MIG-TIG in Alpharetta GA
- AWS Certified MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Production Control Planner in Newton MA
- Material Handler (Production) 10-17-19 in Westborough MA
- Sr Mechanical Inspector in Bedford MA
- Finisher in Memphis TN
- Medical Technician in Warner Robins GA
- Sr Accounting Manager in Concord NH
- 2nd Shift Equipment Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- Accounts Recievable Clerk in Gainesville GA
- Accounts Payable Clerk in Gainesville GA
- Accounts Payable Admin in Lowell MA
- Assembly Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Desktop Support Technician in Merrimack NH
- Quality Inspector in Marlborough MA
- Quality-Weld Inspector in Duluth GA
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Memphis TN
- Production Mechanic in Memphis TN
- Equipment Operator 3rd Shift in Jefferson GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Waltham MA
- 3rd Shift Braid Operator in Manchester NH
- Design Engineer in Spartanburg SC
- Deburrer in Plymouth MA
- Controller in Memphis TN
- Validation Engineer in Fall River MA
- Material Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Mechanical Inspector in Boylston MA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Maintenance Manager in Hayward CA
- Grinding Machine Operator in Los Alamitos CA
- Fabricator - Weld Cleanup in Lawrenceville GA
- Industrial Engineer in Chaska MN
- Electrical Test Technician in Waltham MA
- Quality Engineer in Bloomington MN
- Order Puller 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Documentation Specialist-Tech Writer in Natick MA
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- Sr Design Electrical Engineer in Bedford MA
- Data Entry in Memphis TN
- EM Assembler in Malborough MA
- Supplier Compliance Analyst in Newnan GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Taunton MA
- Production Inspector in Nashua NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in MA
- Software Engineer in Marlborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Medical Technologist in Mobil AL
- Service Center Rep in Tampa FL
- Synthesis Operator, 1st Shift in Taunton MA
- Forklift Driver-2nd Shift in Dahlonega GA
- Systems Tech II in MA
- Depot Repair Tech in Duluth GA
- Polisher in Plymouth MA
- MDR Project Manager in Maple Grove MN
- Roller Flex Operator - 1st shift in Lebanon NH
- Roller Polisher- 3rd shift in Lebanon NH
- Grind Operator- 3rd shift in Lebanon NH
- Senior Systems Engineer in Merrimack NH
- Customer Service Admin in Duluth GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Sr. Systems Engineer in Marlborough MA
- TIG-Pipe Welder in Flowery Branch GA