The Billing Services Manager is directly responsible for managing Billing Operations for specific clients serviced out of the Greater Boston Office. This includes leading the client billing team to ensure the delivery of high quality billing services to clients in a manner that builds and maintains positive relationships and client satisfaction while meeting or exceeding key metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties of the Billing Services Manager include the following.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring processes and procedures to ensure the consistent delivery of quality billing services to clients in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Responsible to maintain exceptional company-client relationships with owners & key constituents.
- Managing and controlling labor costs
- Working with the management team to establish A/R performance metrics and monitoring and reporting on performance against established metrics.
- Identifying trends and issues impacting billing efficiency and performance. Providing feedback to and working collaboratively with clients, management and account teams to implement corrective actions.
- Hiring, supervising daily work activities, and providing timely and regular feedback and corrective action counseling for direct staff.
- Assisting staff with resolution of specific account issues, claims submission issues, specific payer problems, etc.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of client information is maintained and that HIPAA regulations are followed.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the above, the Billing Services Manager, may be called upon to perform the following:
- Communicating regularly with corporate management, other Billing Services Managers, particularly working closely with the other Billing Services Manager on site in Greater Boston to support all clients being serviced out of the Greater Boston area. Working with claims management, customer implementation, sales staff, software support, etc. to manage client expectations, ensure client satisfaction and achieve the highest possible staff productivity.
- Consulting with IT for software changes, upgrades, etc. to drive process improvement and to conform to changing healthcare billing regulations and operating procedures.
- Assist Sales with meetings and host site visits for prospective clients who choose to visit our Regional Billing Center.
- Ad hoc projects, as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree preferred, not required*
- 5+ years experience and demonstrated success managing medical billing and accounts receivable in a high volume environment.* *
- Strong hands on knowledge of all aspects of medical billing including commercial payer, Medicare, Medicaid, workers’ compensation and patient responsibility.* *
- Demonstrated experience managing medical billing teams of 5-20 people* *
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading and interpreting documents and other information related to insurance billing and collections, including, fee schedules, provider numbers, provider status, Medicare and other federal regulations, EOBs, payer contracts, authorization & insurance eligibility.
- Customer focused with a passion for identifying and solving customer problems.
- Exceptional customer facing written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to interact effectively with a variety of external and internal constituents.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, and to recognize and resolve ambiguous or conflicting objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly interdependent team environment
- Must be willing to learn and take on new challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with standard office software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SCOPE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Billing Services Manager interfaces directly with client owners and providers. Their decisions and actions have a significant impact on customer satisfaction and profitability. The individual in this position will be expected to make independent decisions which may or may not be guided by clearly stated standards and processes. Work is generally performed under limited supervision. Ownership of defined responsibilities, documenting processes and procedures, and team leadership are key requirements for success in this position.