The Collections Specialist is responsible to process credit card transactions through third party software, reconcile customer payments and account transactions, including speaking, e-mailing and corresponding with the customer regarding reconciliation of the receivables items, process adjustments and write-offs, and prepare daily deposits.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Enter credit card transactions daily.
- Process credit card transactions through third party software.
- Reconcile customer payments and account transactions, includes speaking, emailing and corresponding with the customer regarding reconciliation of the receivables items as necessary.
- Process adjustments and write-offs daily.
- Maintain monthly spreadsheet of all maintenance processed in the current month for management approval.
- Research and create refunds for duplicate payments.
- Research On Account activity on a daily basis ensuring that it is reclassified timely and properly
- Prepare daily deposits.
- Enter checks as needed.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the business.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree in business or accounting preferred
- 3+ years accounts receivable or accounting experience
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred
- Able to prioritize between multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Windows based applications
- Proficiency with Excel
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Good communication skills
- Able to perform general office skills
- Always requires speaking and listening, and acuity
- Requires standing, walking, carrying, stooping, crouching, sitting, grasping and reaching.
- May require lifting, pulling and/or pushing up to 10 lbs.