Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Our client in Norwell, MA is looking for a talented Collections Specialist to join their growing accounting team!!
The Collections Specialist is responsible to process credit card transactions through third party software, reconcile customer payments and account transactions, including speaking, e-mailing and corresponding with the customer regarding reconciliation of the receivables items, process adjustments and write-offs, and prepare daily deposits.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Enter credit card transactions daily.
- Process credit card transactions through third party software.
- Reconcile customer payments and account transactions, includes speaking, emailing and corresponding with the customer regarding reconciliation of the receivables items as necessary.
- Process adjustments and write-offs daily.
- Maintain monthly spreadsheet of all maintenance processed in the current month for management approval.
- Research and create refunds for duplicate payments.
- Research On Account activity on a daily basis ensuring that it is reclassified timely and properly
- Prepare daily deposits.
- Enter checks as needed.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the business.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree in business or accounting preferred
- 3+ years accounts receivable or accounting experience
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred
- Able to prioritize between multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Windows based applications
- Proficiency with Excel
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Good communication skills
- Able to perform general office skills
- Always requires speaking and listening, and acuity
- Requires standing, walking, carrying, stooping, crouching, sitting, grasping and reaching.