Our client located in Ayer, MA is looking for a Mechanical Designer to join their team on a temp to perm basis.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Designer:
- Use computer assisted design/drafting (CAD) equipment and software (Inventor) to develop mechanical and electro-mechanical solutions using standard industry principles for product design.
- Design mechanical and electromechanical assemblies using design for manufacturing (DFM), design for assembly (DFA) principles.
- Create and revises production electro-mechanical drawings (assembly drawings with details).
- Generate mechanical drawings for use in sheet metal, machining and weld operations.
- Make finished drawings, checks dimensions of parts, materials to be used, and component relationships. Sketches rough layout of design concept and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes. Draft detailed multiview drawings of assemblies and products. Draws finished designs from sketches utilizing solid models and layouts.
- Utilize knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, raw materials, processes and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Update Drafting / Engineering Standards, make source control drawings.
- Create and process engineering change notices.
- Troubleshoot and evaluate mechanical and electromechanical product manufacturing issues. Revise documentation as needed.
- Communicate with QA, Engineering, Vendors, Buyers and Manufacturing departments regarding new and revised drawings.
- Build BOMs (Bill of Materials), resolve manufacturing issues, and implements ECRs and ECOs (Engineering Change Requests, Engineering Change Orders).
Your Education/Experience Includes:
- 5-10+ years of experience working with the design and manufacture of electro-mechanical products using 3D CAD software (Inventor).
- Knowledge of military standards and specifications is a plus.
- Associates Degree or College Degree preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete mathematical calculations - plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and measurements.