Mechanical CAD Designer
Our client located in Woburn, MA is looking for a Mechanical CAD Designer to join their team.
- Prepare complex layouts, parts, assemblies and detail drawings for custom cryogenic products and R&D builds.
- Process and transform preliminary technical packages into working documents for manufacturing release.
- Review completed technical packages for accuracy. T
- he selected candidate will be responsible for organizing and maintaining the current SolidWorks Workgroup PDM vault, 2D/3D CAD Library, creation of engineering documentation standards, ECR?s/ECO?s and BOM?s in Macola ERP system.
- Associates Degree or Technical Trade School graduate in Cad-based studies
- Eight years+ work experience.
- Proficient in using recent versions of SolidWorks and AutoCAD,
- Ability to provide high throughput of modeling and detailing of technical packages.
- Skilled in good drafting practices and techniques outlined in ANSI Standards and publications such as the Global DRM.
- Solid understanding of engineering practices such as, form fit & function, rules of interchangeability, tolerance stack up analysis
- Very good understanding of managing SolidWorks files, PDMWorks, BOM structures, documentation control and configuration management.
- Working knowledge of entering BOM?s into an MRP system.
- A minimum of 3 years SolidWorks Workgroup PDM/Enterprise PDM administration.
- Vacuum technology
- Fabrication techniques
- Welding techniques
- Machining techniques
- Bachelor?s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Cryogenics and Liquid Helium systems design
- Vibration principles
- Hands on Machine Shop & Welding experience
- Macola Database System