Buyer - Planner
Buyer - Planner
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
The Buyer / Planner Specialist reports directly to the Materials Manager and is responsible for day-to-day effective purchasing of direct and indirect material as well as development and execution of strategic commodity plans and procurement process improvements. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, a sense of urgency, ability to think strategically, and excellent problem solving, communication, negotiation, and teamwork skills. Success will be measured through tracked results in the areas of P.P.V. (purchase price variance), inventory turns, supplier performance, and support towards the business’ goals. Success will also be measured by the individual’s ability to develop and implement well planned and creative commodity plans and procurement process improvements.
• Achieve P.P.V. goals for commodities of responsibility
• Achieve inventory reduction goals
• Support company-wide goals for on-time delivery to customer request dates
• Procurement of direct and indirect material in designated areas of responsibility
• Ensure high quality products from suppliers within commodities of responsibility
• Develop and execute strategic commodity plans and procurement process improvements
• Perform high quality transactions to eliminate A/P (Accounts Payable) issues and ensure efficient materials receiving
• Develop new vendor relationships and procurement channels necessary to support business and supply chain objectives.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing and/or procurement environment.
• Ability to effectively negotiate price, quality, delivery, and other terms with suppliers
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proactive: bias for action - sense of urgency
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Highest level of personal, professional, and ethical conduct
• Leadership ability