One of DAVIS’ top clients is in need of a Quality Manager to join their team in Westborough, MA. This resource will manage and enhance the Quality Management System (QMS) designed to ensure continuous quality improvement for the firm.
Responsibilities of the Quality Manager:
- Manage the QC function; interfacing with all company functional groups. Provide technical and statistical expertise and Interpret Quality philosophy to key personnel within Company.
- Responsible as the ISO management representative for the company. ISO 9001 and ISO 13485. Conduct regular Management Reviews of the company metrics. Prepare company for annual ISO audits.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system compliance and surveillance audits. Act as primary interface with customers during audits.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate and correct customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Maintain active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
- Overseeing established inspection and calibration program.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products. Utilize Six Sigma and Lean techniques.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures.
- Apply total quality management tools through New Product Introduction process.
- Manage the inspection and calibration activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs. Participate as internal trainer including IPC 610 and 620
- Meets Quality financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Education/Experience of the Quality Manager:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering desired.
- Minimum 7 years related experience in Quality Assurance should be combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a Quality Manager, and with satisfying customers in technology-driven or developing companies.
- ASQ certification desirable
- Knowledge of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of IPC 610 and 620 required . Certification as internal trainer desirable
- Experience with ERP systems
Interested in this hot job? Apply for the Quality Manager position here!