Research shows that feeling appreciated is one of the top drivers of employee engagement. The good news is that showing appreciation doesn’t have to cost a lot of time or money. Make your employees feel empowered by recognizing their efforts. Tell your team how great they are. And don’t just show it today– show it all year long! To give you some ideas, we’ve come up with 7 affordable ways to thank employees on both individual and team levels.
- Thank You Notes – nothings says “I appreciate you” like a traditional, handwritten thank you note. It’s a personal touch that goes a long way.
- I Scream, You Scream – bring in some ice cream treats for the whole office to enjoy. I mean, who can say “no” to ice cream
- Come in late pass – be flexible. Recognize your employees efforts by letting them sleep in or come in late on a certain day.
- Lunch on You – invest a bit of your own time. Take your employee or team to lunch on you. Maybe even make it a monthly or quarterly tradition ( if budget allows)
- Morning Donuts and Coffee – you know you’re going to stop and get a coffee on your drive into work – why not grab a few dozen donuts for the whole office to enjoy!
- Give them a Small Gift – flowers, a book, a gift card to the local coffee shop to show your gratitude
- Post it on Social – Take to your company’s Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to recognize your employee in a public setting. Highlight who they are, what they’ve done, and why it was such a great deed.
Only good can come from saying “Thank You”. What do you do to show appreciation for your employees?